Sunday, October 5, 2008

Special Memories from today ...

Driving home from lunch today, a little voice spoke from the backseat ... "I wuv jyou Momma!" I think this is the first time that Braden has ever said that unsolicited. And of course, my eyes filled with happy tears! "I love you too, my Braden Boy!" Soon more I wuv you's followed for Baby and Daddy ... but this Mommy is very happy that she was first!

TWICE this evening, Braden ran to go pee-pee in the potty all by himself! No reminders, no one asking, and big boy underwear DRY! Maybe there is hope that he won't be 20 and still in pullups!

Dylon was in his chair and ready for food. His plate was on his highchair tray and Daddy tried to give him a bite. Head turning, hands grabbing, and screaming ... he wanted nothing to do with it. Very unusual for our little "piggy". Mommy's turn -- still no luck at getting food in the mouth -- just one unhappy boy. "Ok...do it yourself", and I put the spoon on his tray. Crying stopped and smiles came out. My baby boy just wanted to feed himself! Not quite ready with the coordination skills - but ready with the independent desires. What a messy, but fun meal. Evey time I took the spoon to put more food on, he would scream. Then grab the spoon off the tray with one hand and use the other hand to push it into his mouth. He was so proud of himself! And so am I!!!

No comments: