Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My "not so" baby!

I can't believe that in just a few days, my baby is turning one! I don't think I'm ready for him to be a little boy! How I wish I could just stop time. But, when I watch my "big" boy and all the fun stuff he is doing -- I know that each stage has it's own joys and treasures. And then, I can't wait to see what Dylon is going to do next!

Yesterday, Halloween cards arrived from Great-Uncle Ralph and Great-Auntie Cathy in Maryland. I can remember the feelings of getting my own mail and how special I felt. It was so fun to see this in my little guys. Daddy brought the mail in when he came home and gave the cards to the boys. Braden opened his envelope all on his own (it ended up in about 7 pieces ... but was open none the less). At first, Braden thought Daddy gave the card to him, but we showed him pictures and he was very happy with his Uncle and Auntie! Dylon was excited by his card too ... waving it all over and showing Chad again and again. I had the camera in hand by this time and was able to snap a quick picture.

After bathtime last night, Dylon was all smiles and laughs. Have I said lately how much I love this kid! (I love his brother and daddy too!) When I look at these pictures, I flash back to when he was first in the towels and on the changing table. I guess I'm just reflecting alot on the past year and how much he's grown. Actually, we've all grown. But, I think that's a good thing! Changes that make you better as a person and a family ... that's a good thing in life!

No comments: