Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A little boys heart and prayers

Today we joined the Mom's and Beyond Bible Study group at Burger King for playtime and lunch. On the way there, Braden said:
"Mommy, you miss my old friends too?"
Yes Braden, I miss our friends.
"I sad, my heart is breaking!"

We did have a fun morning and are enjoying getting to know this group better. It is still hard to connect at a deep level. I think it's partly because it's new and also because I know that this is not a forever place. It's hard to put down deep roots that I know will be transplanted again.


As I put Braden down for his nap today, we did our normal bedtime routine.

First, recite his dedication verse.
"Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith, be men of courage, be strong, do everything in love." He knows it well and will recite all the big words without prompting.

Second, prayers. This was his prayer today:
"Dear God, Thank you me go to the wee slide place today. Please, please, help my house to sell. Thank you my new house in Denver with Daddy."
How awesome that he understands that God is in control and is pleading with Him for his hearts desires. My heart echoed his prayers and I continue to seek that God will provide for these needs in our lives and show my son how faithful our God is.

Third, a song. Usually this is "Snuggle Puppy, but this afternoon he asked for his new song.
My God is so BIG, so STRONG, and so MIGHTY, there's nothing my God can not do.
The Mountains are His, the Valleys are His, the Stars are His handiwork too.
My God is so BIG, so STRONG, and so MIGHTY, there's nothing my God can not do -- for YOU!

And now, he is off to sleep. Oh precious boy, how I love you!

No comments: