Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2/9: Day 4

We are currently at day 4 of Operation Goodbye Paci.  I was hoping we'd hit the magic day 3 and life would be back to normal.  However, the squirming, fussy, awake little boy upstairs conveys otherwise!  While we no longer have to resort to putting him back in the crib, sleep is still not coming easily to poor Dylon.  He seems at a loss to know how to relax without his beloved paci.  Even "Woofie" - his beloved stuffed puppy - isn't filling the void.  A few more days to go and maybe we'll turn the corner!  But if not, Dylon might win and Paci might come back!  I'm not ready to trade an empty mouth for my perfectly good sleeper!!

On a funny note, Braden came over to my belly tonight.  He asked if the baby was kicking and I told him no, that she was sleeping.  He paused for a moment, then leaned over and pushed my belly button.  "Ding Dong!  Baby, you there?"  So sincere - so serious - so completely adorable!  I laughed so hard I was almost in tears.  How I love his amazing little mind. 

1 comment:

Peterson 6 said...

Hang in there without the paci...you're doing great!! Loved the story about Braden and the belly! Miss seeing you guys!