Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/15: Dylon's Flu

Dylon woke up crying in the middle of the night.  I laid in bed thinking, "If I just leave him, will he go back to sleep?"  After a few minutes I decided I needed to go and check.  And good thing I did.  By the time I reached him he was standing in the hallway crying ... puke all over his pajamas, and his bed, and his blankets!   Somehow, and fortunately, he avoided the floor and his beloved dog woofie. 

Thankfully, this was a night when Daddy wasn't traveling so he took care of our little guy while I cleaned up the mess.  I was so thankful for Chad throughout the night.  The flu is not something he normally can tolerate, but he knew how tired I was and pitched right in.  He took the first shift and slept with Dylon for the next few hours -- dealing with everything like a pro!  He even worked from home the following day so that he was here to help out.  Wow!  I am so blessed to have a husband that shares in raising our boys -- even in the rough times.  I love you Chad!!!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Had the same thing happen with Rohan that night. He woke up around 5 am crying and coverd. Makes you so sad when they are like that.