Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last room ...

I cleaned and organized the last room today (I'm not counting the basement or garage as a room!). This means that all the boxes are officially gone! YAAA!!! I don't know who is more excited, me or my little boys. We have missed having playtimes and fun together. Organizing a new home is alot of work and I'm excited to be almost done and have time to just be a mommy again! It makes me think of a cross-stitch poem that used to hang in our hallway growing up:
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep -
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!"
How true that is! Seems like just yesterday these two little boys were entering the world and our home. I am so thankful for them and the joy that they bring.

As promised, here is a picture of Braden's elbow after his fall. He still hasn't wanted to get back on, so it might take some encouragement from Daddy one evening. He'll do almost anything for his Dad-de!

And here's Dylon taking a morning nap. He hasn't done that for a couple months. However, today he was grouchy and naughty and ended up in his crib because I didn't know what else to do with him. Guess it was a good choice because he went right to sleep. I haven't seen him sleeping sideways in the crib before - he looks so big and yet so little all at the same time to me.

Well, it's off the shower for me. Time to get cleaned up while the boys are fast asleep for their naps. We are heading out this evening to look at a dog. Yes, a DOG! What home with little boys is complete without one!? :) I found a labradoodle on craigslist so we are going to check it out. We'll see what happens ... ?!

No comments: