Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9/16/08: MOPS Starts

Today my MOPS group at church started. I am co-coordinating again this year. It's been alot of work to get ready, but was well worth it. It is so fun to see all the details fall into place and the excitement of the moms as they return for another year. Our theme this year is "Adventures in Mothering". I hope that the moms will learn to treasure the day to day adventures and moments in life as they go by way too fast. I also pray that they will grow and learn more about Christ and become better moms and wives.

I was feeling "adventurous", so I tackled a cake project yesterday. I actually had to make 2 before it was over. The first time, I used "I can't believe it's not butter" ... don't try this in rice krispies becasue they end up falling apart. Unfortunately, I only discovered this AFTER I had decorated it and put the cake together. I was able to salvage the base and made another ferris wheel with Braden's help after naptime. So, all ended well.

I'll have a picture from our skit today to share later on. I can't quite believe that I willingly went up to talk in front of 70 women dressed like that ... but someone had to clown around a little bit!

No comments: