Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bison Pride

Braden earned his second "Bison Buck" at school today.  His teachers reward various students every few weeks for good behaviors -- respectful, responsible, and safe.  This is only the second time his class has done this and he has recieved one each time. 
Today, he also received a "Bison Pride" pin!  This only goes to a select few students who have gone above and beyond.  His teachers honored him today for "helping to keep the class on schedule".  Apparently, he helps everyone remember what is happening next and makes sure that the bus moves along the day schedule on their board.  He was so excited to show me his reward today when I picked him up.  As you can tell, he was beaming ear to ear. 

I'm so proud of him and his responsible and helpful attitude.  He is growing into such a good boy! 



I think this came at a good time for him too.  He told me yesterday that he wasn't sure he liked school anymore.  When I asked him why not, he said:
"Because I have to do stuff.  Like journals.... and going outside.... and stuff."  I didn't have the heart to tell him that this is only the beginning of LOTS of school stuff he's going to have to do over the next 16 years! 

1 comment:

Sam said...

He looks so proud of himself! Good job Bradon.
My mom told me she knew she was in for it when i came home from 1st grade and told her
"You know mom, this school thing REALLY mess's up my playtime"