Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our New House!!!

YAAA!!!! We have an accepted contract on a new house in CO!!!

We submitted an offer yesterday (Monday 3/13) on the Jericho house again. The more we have looked and prayed about houses, we continued to be drawn back to this home. We were hoping that with a few more weeks on the market, the sellers would be more flexible and wouldn't counter back with a financing contingency. After we submitted the offer, we found out that they had received another offer too. All we could do was wait for the offer deadline that was at 11:oo today. The time came and went with no word from the sellers. We didn't know what to think. We were hoping and praying, but nervouse that no word might mean it was bad news.

After Bible Study, the boys and I were headed to Sam's with my Mom. When we got to the store, I was unbuckling Braden from his carseat. He looked at me with joy and clapped his little hands, "Ya, We're getting a new house!" We hadn't told him about the offer. I had mentioned to my mom in the car that we hadn't heard back on the house so it wasn't looking good.
"Braden", I asked, "What do you mean we're getting a house?"
"God tol' me"
"What?"
"God said me getting a new house today"
"What color is it"
"Brown" (this has been his consistent answer since December -- and yes, the Jericho house is tan/brown!)
We talked some more and he described the various toys that he had seen (and played with --- but just a little! :) in the Jericho house when we were house hunting. I didn't know what to think. We'd spent more time in this house than others, so maybe that was it. But I think that it is more likely that maybe, just maybe, my precious little guy has such pure child-like faith that he can so clearly and easily hear God. I want that kind of faith!!!

We finally heard from the realtor around 2:30pm this afternoon. "Congratulations! You have a house!" I can't tell you the surprise and joy that filled me! The only thing that would have made it better is if Chad had been here for a huge hug! It was hard today to wait and trust that God had a plan for us -- better than we can plan or do on our own. I had struggled, but given it to Him in faith. I think that made it all the sweeter.
When Braden woke up from his nap, I told him that God had answered his prayer. We looked through some pictures of houses that I have taken during the house-hunting process. He calmly told me that each one was not it, until I showed him the Jericho picture. "That my house mommy, God tol'l me." I can't wait for him to run into, live, and grow in this new God-given home!

For those of you that want the details of the house:
3081 S. Jericho (so much easier than our WI address!!!)
4 bedrooms
2 1/2 bathrooms
Living room, Dining Room
Eating area, Family Room
Large covered deck with amazing mountain range views
Fenced yard with electric dog fence included (yes, a doggy is on the list for the new house purchases!!!)
3 car garage
Walkout, unfinished basement

Here's a link to the listing:

And a few pictures of the house for any of you that are interested. We'll get some better ones when we go back for the inspection next week.
The front of the house with our van in the driveway (we already look like we live here!)
Walk into the entry way and formal living room and dining room spaces.
Good sized kitchen with views of the mountain range from window above sink.

Open floorplan with eating area and family room continuing from the kitchen.
So excited that we get a fireplace in this house too!

Upstairs view. Master bedroom is behind me, loft to the left out of view,
from L to R -- bathroom, bedroom, bedroom, and a 4th bedroom to the right out of view

Bathroom for boys and guests (come visit us soon!!!)

And here's a look at the floorplan. This was in the closing documents we recieved today -- how fun! It's not very clear, but gives you a good idea of the house.

As you can tell, we are so excited! And we are so thankful to God for providing us with such a wonderful home!!!

2 comments:

Nan said...

Congrats! Good news! Hmm... maybe the kids and I need to take a drive out to CO sometime.. I've never been there.

Aimless Muser said...

How great and thrilling for you all! Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Heather