Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More House Hunting

Chad and I went to look at more houses last night. We had a successful night and found some good options on houses.

Our favorite is what I have decided to fondly call "The Mansion". It is a brand new model home in the same area as the last home we offered on. The builder is closing out of this subdivision and seems like they are ready to just get rid of the house. It's more house and money than we were looking for, but if the price could be right, why not!? And it's a BROWN house -- so Braden will like it! Chad is going to meet with the builder and our agent again tomorrow night and see what kind of deal they can work out. If the builder is really ready to offload the house, we'd be happy to take it off their hands! :) And if not, we found several other great options.

Braden continues to expand his vocabulary. He enjoys talking on his cell phone to his friends and family. His favorite people to talk to right now are Daddy, Auntie Cathy, and cousin Rebekah. On the way home from church Sunday, he had the whole van laughing at his conversation:

"Helwo? Hi Auntie Cafhy. How you do-ing?" He continued to talk for a few minutes, but I don't remember everything he said. All of a sudden he pulled the phone away from his year and flipped it closed and looked at it in suprise. "Oh my dosh! She hung'd up on me!" What a character!!!

Dylon is still fighting an ear infection. He is on the second round of antibiotics and goes back for a recheck next week. If there is still fluid, he'll be sent to the ENT for a consultation and possible tubes. As much as I don't want my baby to have to have surgery, I'd like him to feel better and hopefully sleep better too! He seems to be waking up more at night and for the past week has decided that he needs to be up for the day at 5:30am. That is not quite when this Mommy likes to start her day. He is such a cute little guy and is trying to figure out his limits. He gets frustrated sometimes when he isn't able to communicate his wants. And when he doesn't get what he wants ... watch out! It's taking some work to figure out how to mold his will and lovingly keep the boundaries he needs. But, we're getting there. And did I say that he is oh so cute!
And a few pictures of the boys:
Braden (4/1) modeling his Batman gear (Thanks Mason for the hand-me-down!)
Helping Ma get the Easter decorations out. I remember when my younger brothers got these big baskets! (4/2)

Dylon loves to copy and be right by Braden. I couldn't resist this moment of brotherly love! (4/6) They actually sat down together on the chair for quite awhile while they ate their apple snack.


3 comments:

Chasaraben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chasaraben said...

Hmmm. You'll be about 10 min. from me. Kinda like college. Wanna meet at the elevator for dinner in about 10 min? I just gotta comb my hair and grab my shoes... NOME!! Hurry up in there so I can get ready!

WeinmasterFive said...

That's awesome! I'd love to meet up sometime and get together. :)
It's been way too long!!!