Friday, June 20, 2008

A Day at the ZOO - Tues, June 17th

This was Dylon's FIRST trip to the zoo! I'm not sure how much he really cared, but it was exciting for me to take him and introduce him to the animals. We went with a bunch of Moms from my MOPS group. It was fun to have such a large group together and have a little time to catch up with each other.
Dylon is getting so big -- and so fast. It still suprises me sometimes when I see him sitting up in the stroller, instead of being in his carseat. It is hard to believe he's been with us for 8 months already. His impish grin brightens my day and I'm sure we are in for some mischief with him in the years ahead. He is still a very good baby. We've been having a few issues with sleep at night during the past week. I think some of it is a virus that he had and also the 2 more teeth starting to work through on the bottom. But, he needs to figure out how to sleep through the night again soon. Mommy loves to cuddle, but would rather not do it for 30 minutes in at 3:30am!
Braden had so much fun at the zoo. So many of his friends from church were there. He actually walked more than he rode in the stroller. Most of the time, he stayed with his "girlfriend" Caitlin. They really enjoy being together and play nicely together - I can't remember the last time they fought. They walked around hand-in-hand -- so very cute! And he is so protective of her -- notice the hand on the back while they are watching the lion. He doesn't want anything to happen to his "Kate". As I was watching them, tears filled my eyes. This is one of those times when I wish that I could just stop time. Caitlin and her parents, Jeemy and Ann, are getting ready to move back to Indiana. Jeremy has been the Youth Pastor at our church for the last 4 ears or so. They have felt called to start their own church and are going home to do this. We are so excited for them and look forward to seeing God use them in this way. But, we will miss being in the same city as them and living life together. It will also be interesting to see how Braden adjusts to the loss of this friend in his life. However, I truly believe that they are what I call Forever Friends. So, I look forward to our trips to see each other and vacations together. And, they haven't left yet! So I intend to treasure our remaining moments together.

No comments: